Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Kerrydale Street. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

If you decide to register, please be aware that we don't accept email addresses from free web accounts like gmail, Hotmail, live.co.uk etc. Sorry, but almost all of the abuse and spam that we get is from free web accounts. The software on the forum will automatically block any requests using a free email account.

Upon Registration, you will be given access to all our varied Forums, and you will be expected to comply with our fairly stringent Rules and Regulations. Meantime, enjoy your visit

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Celtic plc Interim Report 2012
Topic Started: 11 Feb 2013, 04:32 PM (19,680 Views)
jim62
Member Avatar
up on the roof!!

Quiet Assasin
11 Feb 2013, 08:50 PM
jim62
11 Feb 2013, 08:48 PM
Quiet Assasin
11 Feb 2013, 08:00 PM
Could have been better if we'd sold Hooper. :angry:
wouldn't have made any difference...those accounts are to 31 December 2012 :thumbsup:
Well that joke failed on so many levels :lol:
;) :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chalmers
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is now a good time to bring up this gem from Chuck which was in the Daily Record last July?

Quote:

RANGERS owner Charles Green last night insisted the Ibrox club would be in a stronger financial position than Celtic in a year.

The battered and bruised club began life as a newco with an edgy extra-time 2-1 Ramsdens Cup win at Brechin but the new chief executive was bullish about the club’s future and claimed within 12 months their balance sheet would be stronger than the SPL champions.

Green said: “If you look at the balance sheets at the end of next season you should see the strength of the two companies.

“We are in the Third Division and Celtic are in the SPL and what I’d like you to do is promise me at the end of this season, when all the games are played, examine the balance sheets of the clubs and tell me which one is the strongest?

“Then let’s see who has got the strongest balance sheet.

“We’ve not got the debt that any of these clubs have and on the last day of the season I would really enjoy some clever financial analyst looking at the balance sheets and debt-to-equity ratio of every club in Scotland.”

:rolleyes:

Wailer
Member Avatar
Celtic were my 1st love and Celtic will be my last.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
rickythegreat
11 Feb 2013, 08:49 PM
I wonder if we would spend more on young players if we had more money?
What I mean is, would we spend 3 or 4 million on a young player with the thought that in 3 or 4 years they would be worth 12 or 15 or is our business model to spend up to 2 to try and recoup 8? :ponder:

Maybe we won't as other leagues won't pay that much for a player in the Scottish leagues.
McGready!

I'd wager Hooper, Wanyama and Forster would go for that kind of dough too.

al1967
Member Avatar
First name on the team-sheet
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Good news , just reading through I couldn't get the follwoing song out of my head

CELTBHOY1988
Member Avatar
Club Captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
popeyed
11 Feb 2013, 08:21 PM
Posted Image
:lol: :worthy:

kingbhoyd
Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
lawwell oot

niall
Member Avatar
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
good figures

garioch
Member Avatar
Older than dirt
Thought I'd check what the bootleg hun was saying about it and they reckon the books were cooked.

Being as if anyone should know about dodgy book keeping it's them we're f**ked for sure :cry:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deebhoy
Member Avatar
Retired and now a BT Sports pundit
Those results are pretty outstanding considering we have to see the CL money (tickets sales are banked I take it). When you think we have at least two more CL matches to come and (on a slightly downbeat note) the likely sale of Vic and Hooper in the summer we are really looking at a top notch season in relation to finance. Hopefully our manager gets a really good budget this summer - he has earned it.

Quiet Assasin
Member Avatar
..for the maintenance of dinner tables for the children and the unemployed
garioch
11 Feb 2013, 09:14 PM
Thought I'd check what the bootleg hun was saying about it and they reckon the books were cooked.

Being as if anyone should know about dodgy book keeping it's them we're f**ked for sure :cry:
They have obviously not registered the fact that these accounts are audited. Like walking away, they don't do audited accounts.

Ned Rise
Member Avatar
These boots were made for hunbustin'
No debt.
No one bumped
No shops shut
No job losses
No Rangers
No bother

Hoops For Me All The Way
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
garioch

Next thing, they will be warning us of the perils of Corporation Tax.

Pope Pius X2
Member Avatar
His Holiness
popeyed
11 Feb 2013, 08:21 PM
Posted Image
:lmao: :worthy:

brianlara67
Member Avatar
Club Captain
Chalmers
11 Feb 2013, 08:51 PM
Is now a good time to bring up this gem from Chuck which was in the Daily Record last July?

Quote:

RANGERS owner Charles Green last night insisted the Ibrox club would be in a stronger financial position than Celtic in a year.

The battered and bruised club began life as a newco with an edgy extra-time 2-1 Ramsdens Cup win at Brechin but the new chief executive was bullish about the club’s future and claimed within 12 months their balance sheet would be stronger than the SPL champions.

Green said: “If you look at the balance sheets at the end of next season you should see the strength of the two companies.

“We are in the Third Division and Celtic are in the SPL and what I’d like you to do is promise me at the end of this season, when all the games are played, examine the balance sheets of the clubs and tell me which one is the strongest?

“We’ve not got the debt that any of these clubs have and on the last day of the season I would really enjoy some clever financial analyst looking at the balance sheets and debt-to-equity ratio of every club in Scotland.”

Aside from the comedy value given how things have turned out it's the bit in Chuckie's statement boasting about them "being free of debt" whilst pourning scorn on those who have debt that really rankles with me. He's mocking clubs who did not do the dirty on their creditors. Which is why I absolutely despise the man and any CEO of any other football club coming out with this cr@p in those circumstances would have been vilified in the press with front page headlines of outrage. But not here. Not with Chuckie. Not with Sevco because of sunservient hun press in this country.

InigoAtOttawa
Member Avatar
Occasional Substitute
[ *  *  *  * ]
Don't usually get excited about this kind of stuff, but it's nice to see the club is well run in these tough times. Well done the board :rubeyes:>.

kingbhoyd
Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hoops For Me All The Way
11 Feb 2013, 09:21 PM
garioch

Next thing, they will be warning us of the perils of Corporation Tax.
the huns will never have to worry about corporation tax again, thanks to mr murray and his world record losses. but hold on....

Quiet Assasin
Member Avatar
..for the maintenance of dinner tables for the children and the unemployed
brianlara67
11 Feb 2013, 09:24 PM
Chalmers
11 Feb 2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:

Aside from the comedy value given how things have turned out it's the bit in Chuckie's statement boasting about them "being free of debt" whilst pourning scorn on those who have debt that really rankles with me. He's mocking clubs who did not do the dirty on their creditors. Which is why I absolutely despise the man and any CEO of any other football club coming out with this cr@p in those circumstances would have been vilified in the press with front page headlines of outrage. But not here. Not with Chuckie. Not with Sevco because of sunservient hun press in this country.
It's also a downright lie. The loan from the Sevco consortium to buy the assets of deadco and the players contracts - a stroke of genius that one - is repayable with interest meaning they owe £8.5m back. However, maybe this debt is due from the company and not the club?

Emeralds
Member Avatar
First-team captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ned Rise
11 Feb 2013, 09:17 PM
No debt.
No one bumped
No shops shut
No job losses
No Rangers
No bother
:clap:

lenobhoy
Member Avatar
Catch some light and it'll be alright
Is this a World Record? Not really worth it, if there's no World Record, I suppose.

freefall
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:chuffed: We're minted.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Celtic Football Club Discussion Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply