Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Kerrydale Street. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

If you decide to register, please be aware that we don't accept email addresses from free web accounts like gmail, Hotmail, live.co.uk etc. Sorry, but almost all of the abuse and spam that we get is from free web accounts. The software on the forum will automatically block any requests using a free email account.

Upon Registration, you will be given access to all our varied Forums, and you will be expected to comply with our fairly stringent Rules and Regulations. Meantime, enjoy your visit

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Closed
Celtic v Juventus : Pre-Match Thread; Tuesday 12th February - 7.45pm KO - STV
Topic Started: 9 Feb 2013, 03:18 PM (86,412 Views)
CELTBHOY1988
Member Avatar
Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Forster

Mathews Lustig Wilson Mulgrew
Brown Wanyama Ledley Commons
Samaras Hooper

Think it will be either 1-0 or 2-1 to us.
Offline Profile Goto Top

HenriksLaces
Member Avatar
Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hoping for a result but fearing the worst :twitch:
Offline Profile Goto Top

darth_vidar
Member Avatar
I'm new. Be gentle.
Live abroad and managed to get tickets for the prawn sandwich section. Told I need to wear, shirt, collar and tie or we won't get in... :taxmancometh2:

Wasn't planning to come in a tracky but jeans, shirt and blazer :blueoyster2:

Surely snoop dog didn't get the same email :kevtic:

Anyone got any experience of this and will I get knocked back if I don't turn up in a suit :i_say:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Bob Loblaw
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Biggest thing is Lennon doing his homework and the team following his orders.

It worked very well against Barca, home and away. So as long as we're prepared I'm confident.
Edited by Bob Loblaw, 9 Feb 2013, 06:20 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

padrepio
Member Avatar
www.padrepioinscotland.org.uk
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thought i would bring this over from the other thread just as a wee reminder of what we have achieved so far

I don`t think we will beat Juventus over 2 games. If it was one off style league games like the CL group stages then i could see us beating them at Celtic Park but because of the away goal rule it will probably be too much for us to overcome. Our only chance, i think, is to win something nil at home but that is not really my point.
I see this game as a complete bonus for Celtic, and hope with all the build up before during and after the 2 legs that our achievement in the cl this season will not be overlooked.

I think what Jamie Redknapp said after our last game against Spartak was spot on in that it was the greatest ever achievement by a British team in CL history and also Sky giving Lennon the manager of the year on the back of out CL campaign was complete vindication of everything Lennon has achieved since he became manager.
We have amassed 10 points. More than us or the huns have achieved before and are likely to achieve in the foreseeable future.
We beat THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD.
We were 30 seconds away from winning the group
We have collated between 20-25 million pounds in this CL run.
We have enhanced the value of a lot of our top players.

Overall what we have done has been nothing short of phenomenal.
When the season started i never thought we would be further apart from the huns than the opening day of the season, but this run has put us as far ahead of them financially as we are ahead of them on the pitch.
If our run ends against Juve(obviously i hope it does`nt) I hope none of us forget how well we have done to get here, and also remind all our hun friends(who will no doubt emerge from the woodwork to have their say) of our outstanding achievements.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Timi Hendrik
Member Avatar
Embiggened by cromulence
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looking forward to the bhoys pumping the old lady.
Online Profile Goto Top

Fly Pelican
Retired and now a Setanta pundit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Celtic 3/1 Draw 12/5 Juve 8/11

From Hills, Celtic are 12/5 draw no bet. These prices seem crazy to me. Mind you Milan are 11/2 at home to Barca :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

hooped
Member Avatar
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
henriks4heid
9 Feb 2013, 05:28 PM
Celtic 3/1 Draw 12/5 Juve 8/11

From Hills, Celtic are 12/5 draw no bet. These prices seem crazy to me. Mind you Milan are 11/2 at home to Barca :lol:
3.75-1 with bet victor......
Offline Profile Goto Top

raisedacelt
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
Can't believe how quick this thread has come around. Bring it on. Mon the hoops :clap: :clap:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Flinchy
Member Avatar
Retired and now a Setanta pundit
HenriksLaces
9 Feb 2013, 04:29 PM
Hoping for a result but fearing the worst :twitch:
Yup.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Henkesghost
Member Avatar
Let the people sing
Monday and Tuesday going to drag at work. Passed Nike shop in Buchanan St today which has a Celtic v Juve display, been excited ever since :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomtheleedstim
Occasional Substitute
[ *  *  *  * ]
Timi Hendrik
9 Feb 2013, 04:34 PM
You are a generous guy.
Online Profile Goto Top

Poor Student
Club Captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A wee knock for Pirlo keeping him out for a few weeks wouldn't go amiss tonight.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aidenho
Member Avatar
First-team captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I want Matthews to start but not at the expense of Izzy or forcing Lustig into the middle. If he played in midfield it would probably push Brown into the middle and Ledley to the bench. I'm torn. :(

Wouldn't want to have to make that decision
Offline Profile Goto Top

superjoeledley
Member Avatar
Valentines day will forever be known as admin day and the beginning of the end game.
Timi Hendrik
9 Feb 2013, 04:34 PM
Aye but how do you think the fitba will go :naught:
Edited by superjoeledley, 9 Feb 2013, 06:18 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

superjoeledley
Member Avatar
Valentines day will forever be known as admin day and the beginning of the end game.
Cannot wait for this. Honestly think over the two legs we will go through :pray:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bob Loblaw
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
Is it safe to assume that because Mulgrew didn't play today he'll be starting on Tuesday?
Offline Profile Goto Top

IamNeilLennon
Member Avatar
First-team captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bob Loblaw
9 Feb 2013, 06:21 PM
Is it safe to assume that because Mulgrew didn't play today he'll be starting on Tuesday?
Mulgrew blah blah blah shoehorned blah blah blah.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gordon66
Member Avatar
Occasional Substitute
[ *  *  *  * ]
With our squad, it will be difficult [ thankfully] to pick the ''perfect'' lineup ,noticed i said lineup, we obviously have go with Lennys/background team choice for the game. So lets trust in Lenny etc. Come on the TIMS, we can advance to the last 8 !!! HAIL HAIL
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jamkat
Member Avatar
Foolish friend
This will be, in a bizarre way, a much tougher game for us to win than the Barca one. Juve will be nothing like as adventurous and will be really strong in midfield, so we won't have the same opportunities to catch them on the break as we did with the Catalans. They will probably be too tough for us over the two legs, but I think that if we are still in the tie after Tuesday night ( any result that ends Juve 0 ) then I'll be well chuffed. I suspect tho that Juve would also be delighted with that.

Couple of big decisions for Lenny to make re team selections which will of course be entirely dependant on the fitness of Samaras and Izzy, both of whom will play if fit. Looking at a worst case scenario and assuming both don't make it, then I can see:-

Forster

Lustig Wilson Mulgrew Matthews

Brown Wanyama Ledley Kayal Commons

Hooper

Samaras for Commons and Izzy for Matthews if fit.

0-0
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Celtic Football Club Discussion Forum · Next Topic »
Closed