Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Kerrydale Street. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

If you decide to register, please be aware that we don't accept email addresses from free web accounts like gmail, Hotmail, live.co.uk etc. Sorry, but almost all of the abuse and spam that we get is from free web accounts. The software on the forum will automatically block any requests using a free email account.

Upon Registration, you will be given access to all our varied Forums, and you will be expected to comply with our fairly stringent Rules and Regulations. Meantime, enjoy your visit

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Youth Set Up - St Ninians HS obviously working.; Scotland development squad announced.
Topic Started: 9 Feb 2013, 10:32 AM (5,190 Views)
dazabhoy67
Member Avatar
Retired and now a Setanta pundit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
SteakBake
11 Feb 2013, 03:38 PM
It would be good to think the ones that don't make it will at least turn out to be good men.
Sounds like a Bill Struth quote :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fortune Teller
Member Avatar
Hot to Trott
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
esteponabhoy
11 Feb 2013, 03:54 PM
Torquemada
10 Feb 2013, 12:22 PM
esteponabhoy
9 Feb 2013, 10:37 AM
It may produce some decent players but the St Ninian's schedule kinda reminds me of the old east germany/romanian/russian set ups in 70's bit indoctrinated and robotic no flair.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Woohoo! I'm over here!!

If this is the route we are going down shoukd we not have a similar set up with a non catholic school.
Don't be daft, this is our culture :arrr:

Any non catholics joining have to do 4 laps of the pitch whilst reciting the rosary as well

;)

Neil Jung
Member Avatar
Off treasure hunting in Holland
esteponabhoy
Torquemada
esteponabhoy
It may produce some decent players but the St Ninian's schedule kinda reminds me of the old east germany/romanian/russian set ups in 70's bit indoctrinated and robotic no flair.

Woohoo! I'm over here!!

If this is the route we are going down shoukd we not have a similar set up with a non catholic school.
Nah mate. How else the non Catholics going to learn how to bless themselves and genuflect properly?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Quiet Assasin
Member Avatar
..for the maintenance of dinner tables for the children and the unemployed
esteponabhoy
Torquemada
esteponabhoy

Woohoo! I'm over here!!

:lmao:

frankebhoy
First name on the team-sheet
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quiet Assasin
9 Feb 2013, 10:39 AM
I don't know the specifics of the tie up but I do know the head teacher of St Ninian's. the last time I spoke to him - at Celtic Park no less - he was very proud of his school's contribution to the club
First class head teacher andgood football man, never missed a school team game,

Klepton
First-team captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Broadsword
10 Feb 2013, 09:54 AM
antonylockhart
10 Feb 2013, 08:56 AM
andythom1
10 Feb 2013, 12:02 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Aye, the St Ninians I know of that myself and Mr McGeady went to, is next to Eastwood toll
I blame the schools.
The extension (or the first one) was held up for about 10 years until funding was available for the 'non-denominational' ( :lol: ) primary school in Newton Mearns to get an extension too. :nono:

Broadsword
Member Avatar
Can I have 12 bottles of bleach please?
Klepton
11 Feb 2013, 10:00 PM
Broadsword
10 Feb 2013, 09:54 AM
antonylockhart
10 Feb 2013, 08:56 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I blame the schools.
The extension (or the first one) was held up for about 10 years until funding was available for the 'non-denominational' ( :lol: ) primary school in Newton Mearns to get an extension too. :nono:
Wrong school, wrong local authority. Drugs. Bad times.

GetFunky
Member Avatar
Local Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Celtic set up is based upon the very successful Clairefontaine model that produced some of the most exciting French players over the past 20 years.

Broadsword
Member Avatar
Can I have 12 bottles of bleach please?
GetFunky
11 Feb 2013, 10:35 PM
The Celtic set up is based upon the very successful Clairefontaine model that produced some of the most exciting French players over the past 20 years.
I am looking forward to hearing Gary Caldwell's criticisms.

jow
Member Avatar
First name on the team-sheet
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
specialbhoy
10 Feb 2013, 08:48 PM
If we get 5 players out of the 40 the scheme has worked. I think it identifies the other 'distractions' which young boys at their age face, and gives them half a chance to avoid the pitfalls that has seen many a great player not fulfill their potential.

Education, fitness and healthy living will only give these guys a better chance of making at, and a decent grounding even if they dont.
That's over a 10% return,very unlikely, 5% success would be seen as acceptable.

Neil Jung
Member Avatar
Off treasure hunting in Holland
Celtic setting up partnerships with youth teams in Ireland.

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/sport/soccer/boost-for-carrick-as-they-seal-partnership-deal-with-the-hoops-1-4797874

Quote:

Carrick Rovers saw months of behind the scenes planning come to fruition last weekend with the visit of renowned Celtic FC Football Development Officer Willie McNab to the town to officially launch a Club Partnership Programme between the Monaghan club side and the Glasgow giants.

McNab, who is also the U13 Celtic FC Academy Coach spent the weekend with the club visiting training sessions and games involving young players in addition to delivering a Coach Education Session and presentations on The Celtic Academy and the Club Partnership Programme.

The visit also marked the launch of the Celtic Development Academy Easter 2013 which will take place from Monday March 25 to Friday March 29 when four coaches from Celtic FC will spend the week in Carrickmacross working with young players from the region.

This is an ideal opportunity for any aspiring young footballer in the whole north-east area to receive top class professional coaching by coaches from one of the top clubs in world football and who knows, maybe put themselves in the shop window.

Youngsters

Willie McNab kicked off the weekend’s activities by visiting the Carrick Rovers Academy at Aclint on Saturday morning to watch the children from 6-10 in action. A damp morning failed to dampen the enthusiasm as the young children showed off their skills to their guest.

From there it was on to Gortakeegan in Monaghan to watch the Carrick Rovers U11 and U12 sides in action in the nine-a-side non competitive leagues.

Back to Carrickmacross and McNab then gave a Coach Education session to coaches from the club. The first part of the session saw a presentation on the session itself in which Mr McNab outlined what he intended to do in the session which was based on Building Defensive Partnerships. Then it was out to the pitch where a large crowd had gathered to observe the session in action.

The Rovers U14 players were to benefit from McNab’s coaching expertise and passion for the game as he delivered a top class two hour session which every one present could not have failed to have been impressed by. Afterwards he hosted a most informative question and answer session on coaching in general which was very well received.

On the road

Onto Sunday and McNab visited Cootehill where the CMUL U15 squad were having a training session and then it was on to Carrickmacross again where invited guests, including sponsors and town councillors had gathered to be given a presentation on the Celtic Academy itself.

This was followed by Carrick Rovers Celtic FC Club Partnership Coordinator Enda Tourish giving a brief background of how the Partnership Programme had been set in motion back in November and using the occasion to ask those present for their full support in ensuring that proper all weather floodlit facilities be put in place in the town to ensure that we can have maximum benefit from this partnership and that our children have the resources they deserve in order to develop.

Mr McNab then outlined his role as Celtic FC Club Partnership Coordinator and explained the workings of a Club Partnership between the clubs. Celtic FC are currently working with a small number of clubs in Ireland and the partnership is bespoke to these clubs. McNab then was interviewed by LMFM radio before ending his visit on Sunday night.

Gratitude

Carrick Rovers would like to express our gratitude to Mr McNab for not only taking time to visit our club but also for the extremely professional and courteous way in which he conducted his business over the weekend, a true ambassador for the great club which is Celtic FC.

Carrick Rovers next step in the Partnership with Celtic FC is the Easter Camp which is open to the whole region. As part of their stay the four Celtic coaches will also engage in evening sessions with the various Carrick Rovers underage teams and if the past weekend is anything to go by we can look forward to this with enthusiasm.

TK57
Member Avatar
the thunder came back
stibhan
9 Feb 2013, 10:46 AM
Catholic schools :nono:
All I got was milk, prayers and the belt.

BBJ NO.1
Considering retirement
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
esteponabhoy
Torquemada
esteponabhoy

Woohoo! I'm over here!!

No. :lol:

:ffs:

are you here for the game boys
Member Avatar
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
TK57
16 Feb 2013, 11:24 PM
stibhan
9 Feb 2013, 10:46 AM
Catholic schools :nono:
All I got was milk, prayers and the belt.
Obviously not an altar boy then

GetFunky
Member Avatar
Local Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Good work from the club and those involved. This benefits Scottish football as a whole.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Celtic Football Club Discussion Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply