Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Kerrydale Street. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

If you decide to register, please be aware that we don't accept email addresses from free web accounts like gmail, Hotmail, live.co.uk etc. Sorry, but almost all of the abuse and spam that we get is from free web accounts. The software on the forum will automatically block any requests using a free email account.

Upon Registration, you will be given access to all our varied Forums, and you will be expected to comply with our fairly stringent Rules and Regulations. Meantime, enjoy your visit

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Closed
Tom Rogic; Work permit approved (Pg.14)
Topic Started: 16 Jan 2013, 12:42 AM (80,519 Views)
ChristyMoore
Club Captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
About time he had his own thread seen as the interest is confirmed, he's on trial, and some saying the deal will be done in a day or 2?

Relatively low price, young, seems a decent prospect so hope we get him signed.

Youtube videos ( :rolleyes: ) look promising, can pass a ball, good touch, and pretty tall which is another plus point.
Edited by ChristyMoore, 16 Jan 2013, 12:43 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

mikeybhoy67
Member Avatar
Kerrydale St Bingo Club

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/football/mariner-rogic-set-for-move-to-celtic-20130115-2crkh.html
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bob Loblaw
Member Avatar
Retired and now a Setanta pundit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ChristyMoore
16 Jan 2013, 12:42 AM
pretty tall which is another plus point.
Messi will be raging with us.

I like the look of this guy, hopefully we get it done and see a bit of him this season.
Online Profile Goto Top

KaiserCelt 32
It's either live or die
read an article on SSN earlier about QPR's interest

I really shouldn't read the comments sections on that site man, too many ego-bloated EPL effwit fans who for some reason, hate us
Edited by KaiserCelt 32, 16 Jan 2013, 12:49 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

beer_goggler1888
Member Avatar
Harp Lager ICE cold
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]

Is he first team squad ready or a prospect? ( obviously needs time to settle )
Offline Profile Goto Top

celticchampions
Member Avatar
I gonna be a somebody
Good to see him prefer us to EPL dross, put that in yer pipe Arthur, you tax dodging bumhole.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mr boots
Member Avatar
I've not been in the transfer thread so how much are we talking here and is he any good?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zurawski 7
Considering retirement
worth a read. http://celticjournal.org/tom-rogic-scout-report/
Offline Profile Goto Top

Broonaldo8
Member Avatar
Forever And Ever
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
mr boots
16 Jan 2013, 12:58 AM
I've not been in the transfer thread so how much are we talking here and is he any good?
750k Aussie dollars
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zurawski 7
Considering retirement
Quote:

TOM ROGIC will jet back to Scotland with Celtic today and sign for the Hoops in a £450,000 deal.

Aussie Rogic has spent the past four days training with Neil Lennon’s squad at their Spanish camp in Marbella.

Rogic was being chased by Premiership clubs QPR, Fulham and Reading. But the 20-year-old has told Oz club Central Coast Mariners he wants to join the SPL champs.

Mariners rejected Celts’ bid to play Rogic in last night’s 2-1 friendly win over Steaua Bucharest.

But it is understood a deal has been done between the clubs with only personal terms to be thrashed out.

Hoops No2 Johan Mjallby said: “It is great news Tom is coming back with us and hopefully we will get the deal done. He has been really impressive in training and you can see he has real ability.

“I’m sure Tom watched the games against Barcelona and realised playing for Celtic in the Champions League is second to none.

“It is great for him, too, as Celtic is a team full of young talents who are looking to improve and have great careers. Celtic is a great place for Tom to start in European football.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4746512/Tom-Rogic-Celtic-deal-sealed.html#ixzz2I5q2HTDf
Offline Profile Goto Top

huddler
Member Avatar
An Argument on Behalf of
He's a stand-out player in the A-League. Not just of the young players, but overall.

My single worry is the change in pace of the Scottish game. He'll have to move the ball and do things a lot quicker in the SPL than he's been accustomed to in the A-League. He wont have as much time and space as he's used to in Oz. He plays with an air of calm and composure, maybe thats down to the room and space he has in Oz, or maybe because he's one of those players who has the ability to find time and space on-field no matter what. We should find out pretty quickly.

If thats not an issue, we could have a fine young player on our hands. Would like to see us sign him, but reckon it could go either way. Matt McKay, for example, was genuinely one of the best players in the A-League before he went to the huns!

I'd urge patience with him. He's 20, but he only signed for his first professional side in 2012. A lot of what we've seen so far is raw talent, rather than a player who's been in development at professional clubs for years by that age. He has learning to do, and he'll be competing for a place with travelled pro's like Commons and Lassad to begin with. Its a big challenge, but he's got some game. Like I say, its a calculated risk that i'd be happy to see us take.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BhoyRacer
Member Avatar
First name on the team-sheet
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fee agreed apparently, just read on twitter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

subtle_anxiety
Member Avatar
Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How long till he is called Tam?
Offline Profile Goto Top

huddler
Member Avatar
An Argument on Behalf of
subtle_anxiety
16 Jan 2013, 02:11 AM
How long till he is called Tam?
10 minutes ago. :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

MartyBhoy77
Member Avatar
Death to the brown brogues
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah looks like his fee is agreed my worry is the personal terms. Reason being its a low transfer fee and we have a transfer structure and cant see us paying top dollar for someone at 20. And I bet Harry been on to his agent still so he will know that QPR can, id sad if we don't pay 10/15k we have trouble. I really hope he signs and don't lose him to fulham or worse qpr. I know how to spoil the party sorry.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bob Loblaw
Member Avatar
Retired and now a Setanta pundit
MartyBhoy77
16 Jan 2013, 02:38 AM
Yeah looks like his fee is agreed my worry is the personal terms. Reason being its a low transfer fee and we have a transfer structure and cant see us paying top dollar for someone at 20. And I bet Harry been on to his agent still so he will know that QPR can, id sad if we don't pay 10/15k we have trouble. I really hope he signs and don't lose him to fulham or worse qpr. I know how to spoil the party sorry.
I doubt he's stupid enough to think he could get more money from Celtic than an EPL team, especially QPR.

He'll know what sort of deal he's getting and I'm guessing he'll be happy with it. He wouldn't have bothered coming on trial otherwise.
Online Profile Goto Top

jezmos
Member Avatar
You should be OK, in several hours
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Good news. From the videos, looks like he has the ability to hold off defenders and turn and find space in midfield and play decent passes in the final third.
Offline Profile Goto Top

redbhoy
Member Avatar
Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MartyBhoy77
16 Jan 2013, 02:38 AM
Cheer up mhate, he was on buttons here, and next year QPR will be playing dross in the Championship and we'll be back in Europe. He knocked back Reading, so QPR would get similar treatment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

antongall2007
First-team captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Australian Kaka ™
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dr.Stiegl
Member Avatar
yieeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaa
antongall2007
16 Jan 2013, 07:55 AM
The Australian Kaka ™
:lol: :theclap:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Celtic Football Club Discussion Forum · Next Topic »
Closed