Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Kerrydale Street. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

If you decide to register, please be aware that we don't accept email addresses from free web accounts like gmail, Hotmail, live.co.uk etc. Sorry, but almost all of the abuse and spam that we get is from free web accounts. The software on the forum will automatically block any requests using a free email account.

Upon Registration, you will be given access to all our varied Forums, and you will be expected to comply with our fairly stringent Rules and Regulations. Meantime, enjoy your visit

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Press Watch; A thread to discuss the media, the huns' thread is due south
Topic Started: 14 Jan 2013, 12:11 AM (3,542,642 Views)
Jackie was my hero
Member Avatar
Club Captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Anyone got a link to "strange things happen at Celtic park"?

I think it is from brogan rogan trevino.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

barcabhoy
Member Avatar
First name on the team-sheet
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm led to believe that 30% of the supporters on Celtics database come from the 4 poorest post codes in Scotland. I would suspect the demographics for Rangers would be similar

When you are struggling to provide the basics for yourself and your family , a laptop, iPad and hi speed broadband are a luxury that few can afford.

Consequently the written press along with radio phone ins , have more of an influence than they would do in places with higher income and less social pressures.

Which is why the "Internet Bampots" had such an effect on events last summer. Of course there is some nonsense spouted on forums and blogs, however much of it was articulate and relevant . That chimed with Club directors , who listened, much more so than they did to the ranters and ravers who inhabited phone ins and tabloids

Henkesghost
Member Avatar
Let the people sing
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Barca had a rubbish defence a rubbish keeper and no one up front to cross it to, fat DJ agrees :lol: :lol: What a lot of shampooe, radio off, nothing changed. It's a disgrace that you can't hear some decent build up in this country.

Edited by Henkesghost, 11 Feb 2013, 07:47 PM.

Marado
Member Avatar
You've got to understand that you can never beat the bandit.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
culchie
11 Feb 2013, 04:29 PM
frontrow
11 Feb 2013, 01:04 PM
JohnO
10 Feb 2013, 11:14 PM
See Sportscene are now employing a ned to provide his thoughts on the weekend games.
I caught the last 5 minutes of it myself and thought I'd stumbled on a missing episode of Chewing the Fat.

Who was the gaunt young fellow offer his in-depth analysis?
He 's the guy in the white trackie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZ1sSFuQzk
Was he talking bollocks or were you just awfully offended by his flat vowels and dropped consonants?

culchie
Member Avatar
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
just tuned into radio scotland. Has the Juve game been canceled ? some ex hun on going on about that old Glasgow club Rangers and them winning 9 in a row. They can try every trick in the book, but their grandchildren will still be Celtic supporters.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pitch
Member Avatar
Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
culchie
11 Feb 2013, 08:02 PM
just tuned into radio scotland. Has the Juve game been canceled ? some ex hun on going on about that old Glasgow club Rangers and them winning 9 in a row. They can try every trick in the book, but their grandchildren will still be Celtic supporters.
Rangers are History,THE rangers are Hilarious...Celtic are light years ahead of the Tribute Club,not worthy of our thought. :thumbsup:

Munich Tim
Member Avatar
Tooooooooooooor!
According to this numbskull on Talkshampooe, "70% of Celtic fans don't like Neil Lennon as manager."

:lol:

Grant
Member Avatar
Complicated doesn't even start to describe it.
Munich Tim
11 Feb 2013, 09:29 PM
According to this numbskull on Talkshampooe, "70% of Celtic fans don't like Neil Lennon as manager."

We want him to be Pope.

Quiet Assasin
Member Avatar
..for the maintenance of dinner tables for the children and the unemployed
Munich Tim

What effer said that?!

Munich Tim
Member Avatar
Tooooooooooooor!
Quiet Assasin
11 Feb 2013, 09:30 PM
Munich Tim

What effer said that?!
A "Celtic fan."

I'm guessing his empirical data sets were slightly out.

Munich Tim
Member Avatar
Tooooooooooooor!
Grant
Munich Tim

We want him to be Pope.
I'd vote for him

Quiet Assasin
Member Avatar
..for the maintenance of dinner tables for the children and the unemployed
Munich Tim
11 Feb 2013, 09:32 PM
Quiet Assasin
Munich Tim

What effer said that?!
A "Celtic fan."

Maybe he knows the guy I heard on the way to Inverness at the weekend who was moaning about Lennon not shaving and said he 'looks like a tramp' during his press conferences :ffs:

Munich Tim
Member Avatar
Tooooooooooooor!
Quiet Assasin
11 Feb 2013, 09:35 PM
Munich Tim
11 Feb 2013, 09:32 PM
Quiet Assasin

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
A "Celtic fan."

Maybe he knows the guy I heard on the way to Inverness at the weekend who was moaning about Lennon not shaving and said he 'looks like a tramp' during his press conferences :ffs:
It's the lack of a decent suit that annoys me. :nono:

You'd never catch Pep or Jose turning up at a presser sporting a two-dayer.
Edited by Munich Tim, 11 Feb 2013, 09:40 PM.

hector2012
Member Avatar
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Grant
Munich Tim

We want him to be Pope.
Oy! Craigy Whyte is a stick on fur that joab.

Gothamcelt
Club Captain
Marado
11 Feb 2013, 08:01 PM
culchie
frontrow
11 Feb 2013, 01:04 PM

He 's the guy in the white trackie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZ1sSFuQzk
Was he talking bollocks or were you just awfully offended by his flat vowels and dropped consonants?
Billy Dodds was giving his expert opinion on the Hearts game and talking about Ngog (?).

In his expert opinion "the big man has natural height"

Never mind school, the BBC beckons.

Auldyin
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Groves
11 Feb 2013, 04:00 PM
Torquemada
11 Feb 2013, 03:32 PM
Groves
11 Feb 2013, 02:35 PM

Fair play. I was taking issue with your point that the story broke on the MSM when, in fact, it had broken on a blog rather than on a major media platform.

And I'll take your word for it that you weren't thinking of Phil, trusting soul that I am. :)

I agree with your final point but only to an extent. The MSM are now prepared to publish stories that have broken but, in my view, are still reluctant to do the sort of digging that would be automatic in any other business scandal story of this magnitude. I do believe, however, that that is changing in light of the deeply unpopular Traynor's appointment and the increasingly hysterical paranoid nonsense being spouted by Green. Not before time. :brickwall:
Well from where I'm viewing there appears to be a mix of things happening in terms of what defines breaking stories.

Unfortunately there is a view building that there are just two camps for news stories. These are labelled as "Internet Bampots" and "MSM". Certain individuals and groups in each category are playing various games of undermining the other in order to either develop or retain their own credibility.

But if we take the WUO story from last week most folk online will correctly state that they saw the reference to the story on Phil's blog and will cite that as being where the story broke. I have no issue with that.

What we then have is the tabloid media and some broadsheets breaking a story to a whole new group of folk who either don't bother with online news or are rarely in touch with its output. For them the story originates from the Record or the Sun.

In between those two sources we have Alex Thomson at C4 news who is undertaking an investigative piece of work which puts substance to a story and which really acts as the catalyst for the tabloids and broadsheets to run with the story.

We're in danger of playing semantics online over point scoring about who broke a story (dependent upon definition of 'broke'). My worry is when the work of Alex Thomson (or any other good investigating journalist) doesn't get the attention of a wider audience either directly or via the intervention of the more popular and more widely read and viewed media outlets.

I am genuinely quite interested in this whole phenomena. It's not as black and white as some folk are making it out to be.
The phenoma is the way in which folk with different backgrounds, experience and expertise, sometimes professional, work out the possibilities, ariculate them and get new ideas or thinking out there for discussion and refining.

What has changed in the last year imo is that instead of the thinking being picked up randomly by msm readers, certain msm are forging relationships with the thinkers and it takes less time for a new idea or thought to leave blogland and enter public consciousness.

Where it will lead to is incredibly interesting.

Two men live side by side in semis and share a back garden. A fence divides the gardens. It is dark green on one side and light green on the other. Mr Dark Green thinks the fence is all dark green. Mr Light Green thinks it is all light green. It is only when they talk and Mr Dark Green invites Mr Light Green in to his garden that they discover the truth that the fence is dark green on one side and light green on the other. As a result of sharing they are more enlightened than when they ignored each other.

nilsine labor
Member Avatar
Occasional Substitute
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gothamcelt
11 Feb 2013, 09:44 PM
Marado
11 Feb 2013, 08:01 PM
culchie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZ1sSFuQzk
Billy Dodds was giving his expert opinion on the Hearts game and talking about Ngog (?).

In his expert opinion "the big man has natural height"

Never mind school, the BBC beckons.
:lol: :lol: As opposed to those players on stilts! :lol: :lol:

donegal67
Member Avatar
First-team captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jackie was my hero
11 Feb 2013, 07:30 PM

http://broganrogantrevinoandhogan.wordpress.com/2012/11/08/strange-things-happen-at-celtic-park/

:thumbsup:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

randombloke
Member Avatar
Retired and now a Setanta pundit
culchie
11 Feb 2013, 08:02 PM
To be fair to Radio Shortbread (for a change) they'd just spent the last half hour talking about Celtic and the Juve game before that segment and most (if not all of it) very positive. Selected highlights including;

Celtic could easily go all the way to the CL semis (Chick Young :rubeyes: )

0-0 a good result in the home leg against Juve as Celtic are capable of getting a result over there (panel consensus)

Stunning set of mid-year financial results....virtually debt free....left der hun choking in our dust, even when/if they get back in the top flight it could be decades before they could catch us....Celtic the template for a well run club that the rest of fitba should be following (Tom English, with the rest agreeing)

Atmosphere at Celtic Park for the Barca game the best he'd ever experienced (obligatory ex-hun on panel....might have been Dodds, they all sound the same)

Can't really fault them on tonight's build-up to the game.

The bit with the ex-hun (Derek McInnes in this case) was just feckin embarrassing though - it's a segment they do every Monday night where they get a journeyman ex-player to select his "dream team" of former team-mates.....everyone else I've heard doing it has used it as a vehicle to re-visit their whole career and include players from each of their former clubs. But McInnes just seemed to want to use it to express his man-love for the hun team-mates he mostly watched from the bench.

I doubt if the wee fud managed more than half a dozen appearances for them most seasons, maybe that's why he seemed so keen to big-up his hun pals and make it sound like he was one of the gang rather than a bit-part player.

Jackie was my hero
Member Avatar
Club Captain
donegal67
11 Feb 2013, 11:24 PM
Jackie was my hero
11 Feb 2013, 07:30 PM

http://broganrogantrevinoandhogan.wordpress.com/2012/11/08/strange-things-happen-at-celtic-park/

:thumbsup:
Cheers :thumbsup:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Celtic Football Club Discussion Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply