Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Kerrydale Street. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

If you decide to register, please be aware that we don't accept email addresses from free web accounts like gmail, Hotmail, live.co.uk etc. Sorry, but almost all of the abuse and spam that we get is from free web accounts. The software on the forum will automatically block any requests using a free email account.

Upon Registration, you will be given access to all our varied Forums, and you will be expected to comply with our fairly stringent Rules and Regulations. Meantime, enjoy your visit

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Press Watch; A thread to discuss the media, the huns' thread is due south
Topic Started: 14 Jan 2013, 12:11 AM (3,599,231 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

I would really like there to be a thread where we post and discuss the media's output concerning Celtic and the rest of Scottish Football.

There used to be something similar, :rolleyes: and it's what I would click on first to get the day's news.

I'll start it off:

Blooming Joe Ledley is doing the Brooney!

oe Ledley has revealed that he has been battling against injury since the start of the season.
The midfielder has only started eight SPL matches with his last appearance being on December 8 when he scored in the 3-1 win at Kilmarnock.
A combination of groin and pelvis problems have hampered the Welshman who hopes to be back to full strength next Saturday against Hearts after a week in the Spanish sunshine in Marbella.
“It has been my groin and pelvis, which is similar to Scott Brown’s but not as bad,” Ledley explained. “I just needed rest and not to make the injury any worse.
“They say I don’t need an operation or anything like that just an injection as the pelvis is inflamed.
“When I first got injured at the start of the season it felt a bit funny and it has been gradually getting worse.
“The physio and the gaffer knew about it and I was just trying to get through games but it got to the point where I had to have the injection.
“I feel better for it now and the rest has done me good. I can come back stronger and in good condition while taking things game by game.
“One day you can wake up and feel a million dollars but the next you can feel really bad. You just monitor it every day in training. We are managing it not too bad and if I keep strengthening then it will hopefully go as soon as possible.”
Celtic have a hectic schedule after the winter break as they chase four trophies with Ledley confident that he can be in the thick of the action.
“I started back training on Thursday and feel pretty well,” he added. “I have to rest and try to keep my fitness up as well, so it is nice to get some warm weather on my back and work hard.
“Hopefully I can be involved until the end of the season because it has been a frustrating time. No player wants to get injured and you just try to pick yourself up and go again.
“I’ve had a quite a few injuries this season but hopefully I can start playing regularly again.”
http://videocelts.com/2013/01/blogs/ledleys-injury-pain?
Quote Post Goto Top

Lobey Dosser
Member Avatar
Getting on a bit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dave Bhoy
14 Jan 2013, 12:11 AM
I would really like there to be a thread where we post and discuss the media's output concerning Celtic and the rest of Scottish Football.

There used to be something similar, :rolleyes: and it's what I would click on first to get the day's news.

I'll start it off:

Blooming Joe Ledley is doing the Brooney!

oe Ledley has revealed that he has been battling against injury since the start of the season.
The midfielder has only started eight SPL matches with his last appearance being on December 8 when he scored in the 3-1 win at Kilmarnock.
A combination of groin and pelvis problems have hampered the Welshman who hopes to be back to full strength next Saturday against Hearts after a week in the Spanish sunshine in Marbella.
“It has been my groin and pelvis, which is similar to Scott Brown’s but not as bad,” Ledley explained. “I just needed rest and not to make the injury any worse.
“They say I don’t need an operation or anything like that just an injection as the pelvis is inflamed.
“When I first got injured at the start of the season it felt a bit funny and it has been gradually getting worse.
“The physio and the gaffer knew about it and I was just trying to get through games but it got to the point where I had to have the injection.
“I feel better for it now and the rest has done me good. I can come back stronger and in good condition while taking things game by game.
“One day you can wake up and feel a million dollars but the next you can feel really bad. You just monitor it every day in training. We are managing it not too bad and if I keep strengthening then it will hopefully go as soon as possible.”
Celtic have a hectic schedule after the winter break as they chase four trophies with Ledley confident that he can be in the thick of the action.
“I started back training on Thursday and feel pretty well,” he added. “I have to rest and try to keep my fitness up as well, so it is nice to get some warm weather on my back and work hard.
“Hopefully I can be involved until the end of the season because it has been a frustrating time. No player wants to get injured and you just try to pick yourself up and go again.
“I’ve had a quite a few injuries this season but hopefully I can start playing regularly again.”
http://videocelts.com/2013/01/blogs/ledleys-injury-pain?
Good to see a media thread back , let's hope it doesn't fall foul to internecine differences bogging it down.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tic
Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Was very good to hear Lenny tell the press to stop linking us with the newest club in the land (I wont post a link to the Sun newspaper if that's ok).

I know they are our near neighbours and if they can build on the decent start they have made to life we may get a Glasgow derby up and running.

The rather large fly in the ointment however, is the fact that I think they will go the same way as their fore runners, admin then liquidisation.

Their wage bill is bigger than income, they've gone to the well for cash FAR too early, no way will the loyal dig deep (not) again.

Good to see the media thread again.

Timmaloys1888
Member Avatar
First team training
[ *  *  * ]
Spoiler: click to toggle

Said link to avoid giving the Sun hits on the website :thumbsup:

superjoeledley
Member Avatar
Valentines day will forever be known as admin day and the beginning of the end game.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Peter Houston's been given permission to talk to Blackpool about becoming their new manager.

brian mclair's hair
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
superjoeledley
14 Jan 2013, 10:20 AM
Peter Houston's been given permission to talk to Blackpool about becoming their new manager.
Have they no ambition to get back to the EPL then?

IainG
Member Avatar
Older than dirt
superjoeledley
Levein back to utd?

superjoeledley
Member Avatar
Valentines day will forever be known as admin day and the beginning of the end game.
IainG
14 Jan 2013, 11:47 AM
superjoeledley
Levein back to utd?

:o Hadn't thought of that. Would think so :lol:

pedrok
Member Avatar
Club Captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/jim-mcinally-encourages-supporters-to-sue-if-league-revamp-gets-green-light-1-2735431

Jim McInally suggesting fans sue the football authorities if reconstruction goes ahead.

Also seems to be back Green in his quest to take on the reconstruction.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EasyLeonard
Member Avatar
Retired and now a Setanta pundit
Houston's an arise, surely Blackpool could attract better than him.

radar
Member Avatar
I saw this coming a mile off
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
pedrok
14 Jan 2013, 12:01 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/jim-mcinally-encourages-supporters-to-sue-if-league-revamp-gets-green-light-1-2735431

Jim McInally suggesting fans sue the football authorities if reconstruction goes ahead.

Also seems to be back Green in his quest to take on the reconstruction.
“The Third Division is a brilliant league apart from Rangers"

:lol:

SwavBhoy
Member Avatar
First name on the team-sheet
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
IainG
14 Jan 2013, 11:47 AM
superjoeledley
Levein back to utd?

Or possibly even Derek McInness, who has just been sacked by Bristol City?

tinsoldier
Member Avatar
Older than dirt
:cry: :cry:

TIME FOR ACTION

Chuck statements a breath of fresh air

Gordon Waddell

14th January 12.05pm

There comes a time in your life when you take stock, decide where you are going and take action.

Normally it occurs around this time, when New Year resolutions are made and the frost sticks to your car windscreen as tightly as Lorenzo Amoruso’s jockstrap.

Take Charlie Green. He knows where Rangers ARE at the moment and better still he knows where he WANTS them to be.

It’s getting there that is proving to be difficult. When it comes to the Yorkshire terrier you believe anything is possible though.

There are those that take Green’s daily statements as bluster and nonsense. I prefer to see him as a breath of air fresher that Walter Smith’s newly laundered slacks.

League reconstruction is the main thing bugging Charlie at the moment. Not just the nonsensical proposals but the fact the biggest club in the country weren’t consulted.

It’s like having a world leader summit and leaving Barack’s invite up your arse by mistake then expecting him to fish it out himself.

Hell, they may even find that by talking to Chuck that he can HELP them.

Don’t hold your breath on that one though. There’s more chance of Neil Lennon holding a press conference and not saying the word “Rangers”.

And that’s the bath tub for me. Celtic are laying it on thick, flaunting openly a game with Juventus when their rivals are blazing a trail through the Third Division AND I’m assured making new friends along the way.

So what do the beaks do in their air-conditioned offices filled to the rafters with whisky decanters and Cuban fat boys?

Leave Rangers out of it and as a consequence out on a limb.

So keep the daily statements coming Chuckster. It’s about the only thing worth reading about these days.

Bob Loblaw
Member Avatar
Retired and now a Setanta pundit
Timmaloys1888
14 Jan 2013, 10:14 AM
Spoiler: click to toggle

Said link to avoid giving the Sun hits on the website :thumbsup:
Thank feck, can't imagine how pissed off he must be getting questions about Sevco every day while we're doing so well.

Also like the fact he says division three a lot, just to make sure they remember.

waco
Member Avatar
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
at last we have our watch the media thread back,
do these feckwits in the smsm not know that being associate members sevco dont have a voice or a vote and are not able to make suggestions,

Lubosmagicdust
Member Avatar
Always have been, Always will be..
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
tinsoldier
14 Jan 2013, 01:21 PM

TIME FOR ACTION

Gordon Waddell

14th January 12.05pm

There comes a time in your life when you take stock, decide where you are going and take action.

Normally it occurs around this time, when New Year resolutions are made and the frost sticks to your car windscreen as tightly as Lorenzo Amoruso’s jockstrap.

Take Charlie Green. He knows where Rangers ARE at the moment and better still he knows where he WANTS them to be.

It’s getting there that is proving to be difficult. When it comes to the Yorkshire terrier you believe anything is possible though.

There are those that take Green’s daily statements as bluster and nonsense. I prefer to see him as a breath of air fresher that Walter Smith’s newly laundered slacks.

League reconstruction is the main thing bugging Charlie at the moment. Not just the nonsensical proposals but the fact the biggest club in the country weren’t consulted.

It’s like having a world leader summit and leaving Barack’s invite up your arse by mistake then expecting him to fish it out himself.

Don’t hold your breath on that one though. There’s more chance of Neil Lennon holding a press conference and not saying the word “Rangers”.

And that’s the bath tub for me. Celtic are laying it on thick, flaunting openly a game with Juventus when their rivals are blazing a trail through the Third Division AND I’m assured making new friends along the way.

So what do the beaks do in their air-conditioned offices filled to the rafters with whisky decanters and Cuban fat boys?

So keep the daily statements coming Chuckster. It’s about the only thing worth reading about these days.
The new avator almost caught me out :lol:

Tim Quixote
Member Avatar
Occasional Substitute
[ *  *  *  * ]
Is it just me, or was there a spike in the insane ramblings of Chuck and Sally since the last mediawatch thread was closed? They know we're on to them!

Gothamcelt
Club Captain
tinsoldier
14 Jan 2013, 01:21 PM

TIME FOR ACTION

Gordon Waddell

14th January 12.05pm

Ah, good to see you back TS and in a media thread.

Gothamcelt
Club Captain
Chuckie's back!!

The Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League have agreed in principle to a restructuring plan that would see the organisations merge in a 12-12-18 structure.

A vote could take place later this month and, if approved, the new format could be implemented as early as next season.

Green last week hit out at the plans, which would see Rangers remain in the bottom tier of Scottish football for a second season, albeit the potential time-frame for a return to the top-flight would remain the same.

And the Ibrox chief now wants his favoured option to be considered, claiming the vast majority of Scottish football fans do not want the 12-12-18 structure.

He said in a statement on Rangers' website: "The recent widespread debate on the reconstruction of Scottish football has been welcome and I am glad that Ally McCoist and myself have contributed and helped stimulate discussion rather than watch everyone sleepwalk into a solution that very few, if any, football fans across Scotland want.

"I am fully aware that the interests of fans and the duties of directors of football clubs, who have to balance books, do not always align.

"However, it seems absurd that, when most fans are so implacably opposed to the 12-12-18 model, their views are being cast aside.

"To be absolutely clear, it would have been easy for me, on behalf of Rangers, to support this model.

"There is no model on the table that offers our club a potentially quicker route back to the highest echelons of Scottish football.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/charles-green-consider-14-14-14-for-league-reform.1358168711

Gothamcelt
Club Captain
The Herald has the top thiry most influential figures in Scottish football (part 1).

And in at number 25 in Jabba, one above John Park (football devolpement manager at Celtic).
So the rants of a bigot are more important than the guy that has brought in some bright young footballers and helped develop others?

No.25 JAMES TRAYNOR, RANGERS DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS

The voice of Rangers, and certain to keep getting louder. The media is reluctant and uncertain about how to react to Traynor since he crossed the Rubicon from mainstream journalism to Rangers' communications department, but he is now talking on behalf of Ibrox and that means his words – often outspoken, confrontational and challenging – have to be taken as such. Traynor's sense of devilment will ensure he grows as a twin mouth to go alongside Charles Green's. The pair of them don't do silence.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/the-30-most-influential-figures-in-scottish-football-part-i.19910956

14 users reading this topic (11 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Members: tomvox, Kook, Bobby Peru
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Celtic Football Club Discussion Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply