Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Kerrydale Street. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

If you decide to register, please be aware that we don't accept email addresses from free web accounts like gmail, Hotmail, live.co.uk etc. Sorry, but almost all of the abuse and spam that we get is from free web accounts. The software on the forum will automatically block any requests using a free email account.

Upon Registration, you will be given access to all our varied Forums, and you will be expected to comply with our fairly stringent Rules and Regulations. Meantime, enjoy your visit

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What's been your defining moment of the demise of "Rangers"?
Topic Started: 24 Jun 2012, 01:58 PM (21,760 Views)
lochendexpress
First team training
[ *  *  * ]
They are all special moments. Its like watching a bad actor die, it just goes on and on.

Cant wait for the 4th so that the life support can finally be switched off.

Big Hoose is still my favourite along with the guy in tears.

Goodbye and good riddance you horrible bastards :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lubosmagicdust
Member Avatar
Always have been, Always will be..
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Every last bit of the last 4 months has been priceless, but I have to say Bill Millers 'God speed Rangers' after the small little hun rebirth was quashed was priceless. In Miller we trust turned into No yanks wanted. PMSLat that ( and coco the clown as well) so many memories...

BhoyRacer
Member Avatar
First name on the team-sheet
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Arsenal shares were a hoot!

Virgil
Member Avatar
With the ill behaviour, with the ill behaviour
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Still to come - 3pm on the first day of the Scottish football season, when games are kicking off around the country and no emanation of the huns is among them.

Big_dave_greenock_1888
Member Avatar
Celtic To The Core
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I actually cant pin point one particular occasion as it has just been one moment of hilarity after another but Id say the introduction of Craig Whyte into the marble staircase was the catalyst for everything. I didnt in my wildest dreams imagine it would be this good and so sweet.

JohnO
Member Avatar
Club Captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The rage over the Arsenal shares was good, explaining debt to hun was also good, but my fav has to be The Big Hoose guy, still cracks me up when I see him.

liger05
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
The banner from the Green Brigade Four Horsemen banner at the last 'old firm' game. That was one of the best banners ever produced in a football stadium. Amazing!!!
Edited by liger05, 25 Jun 2012, 04:47 PM.

tilda
Member Avatar
Getting noticed in the reserves
[ *  * ]
Lubosmagicdust
25 Jun 2012, 02:52 PM
Every last bit of the last 4 months has been priceless, but I have to say Bill Millers 'God speed Rangers' after the small little hun rebirth was quashed was priceless. In Miller we trust turned into No yanks wanted. PMSLat that ( and coco the clown as well) so many memories...
To me the Miller situation summed up their denial.They hadn't got that beggars can't be choosers
and chased him away.Best bits 4 horsemen , "passing the coffin" and "passing the section" funniest
things I have seen in a long time.

bbornotbb
Member Avatar
First team training
[ *  *  * ]
For me it was when I saw the picture of the 2 sheriff officers arriving at Ibrox to serve papers on behalf of HMRC. From that moment I truly believed.

radar
Member Avatar
I saw this coming a mile off
For me the thing that summed the whole calamity up was the Alastair Johnston TV interview in the first Mark Daly documentary.

He was doing that hun thing of trying to sound important and pompous, but ended up using words he clearly didn't know the meaning of, and talking in obscure coded language to try and sound clever.

"There's a moniker we use around these parts. The second word is surrender, the first is no".

Really Alastair? Because that's not what moniker means.

He was supposed to be a proper business heavyweight, a real Rangers man and the best financial mind that the huns had at their disposal, and instead he came across as a blundering halfwit trying to sound cleverer than he really was.

Everything that is laughable and wrong with the huns tied up in one small package and presented for our viewing pleasure. What's not to like?

SingTim
I'm new. Be gentle.
i think just now! all the self-confessed, lifelong, badge-kissing rangers fans are fleeing like rats from a sinking..ahem... sunken ship and green telling. even the youth players are offski and mr. green desperately trying to keep ahold of the reins by ensuring everyone that he will pursue them in court. LOLOLOL

Klepton
Member Avatar
Getting on a bit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jarvis
24 Jun 2012, 03:42 PM
The initial list of creditors coming out was superb. Especially the discovery that Celtic were on it. The dignity! :lol:

The second Daly documentary was also good as was Billy Miller's walking away press release.
Nah we're not top of the 'GIRUY' league in creditor terms. Think that one must go to "City of Edinburgh Council - 90". I mean wtf is that? An unpaid parking ticket on the team bus? Why couldn't TGEF just pay it out of his off-the-radar back pocket?

The Plainsman
Member Avatar
'Shut up, Lijah!'
Too many highlights but I did enjoy Alex Thompson's appearance on Clyde that evening. Remember, the one where Shug vanished for 20 minutes...
Edited by The Plainsman, 25 Jun 2012, 06:07 PM.

JoeyRamone
Member Avatar
Hey Ho Let's Go
Way too many to choose from.
Every day has been a joy. :lolhuns: :lolhuns:

AndyCeltic
Member Avatar
First name on the team-sheet
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would have to say the hun fans. How wrong have they been at every turn?

Oh and the warchest!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

martino
Member Avatar
Le Conseguenze Dell'Amore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Best one so far was the 4 Horsemen banner. A genuine jaw-dropping-that-is-feckin-amazing moment at the game.

Next one for me will be when the fixtures are shown with Dundee or Dunfermline replacing Club 12.

CM1975
Member Avatar
First-team captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mr Custard - when they finaly get off their collective ar$es, they show their intellect and true master race cunning.

They are the people folks!

buddythetim
Member Avatar
Occasional Substitute
[ *  *  *  * ]
I won't chronicle my "defining moment" as something that made me laugh. I shall instead say my defining moment of this whole sorry saga is when the SFA and SPL effectively refused to follow their own rules and started working out a way to shaft dozens of honest Scottish clubs at the expense of the newest kid on the block.

Tonus
Member Avatar
Occasional Substitute
[ *  *  *  * ]
in hindsight their optimism over craig whyte is hilarious. even at the time it didnt seem like a dream takeover but they ushered him in as some sort of champion of the people, ready to slay the taigs. i remember seeing craig whyte in the west end and there were guys constantly going up to him to shake his hand and welcome him aboard...oh what a laugh he must have been having

exiledinpottertontim
Member Avatar
Cheapest lb for lb Charlie ever
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Four horsemen for GIRUY. Prince Albert/Lumley for hilarity. The Big Hoose for providing a perfectly formed hun specimen.

On a personal level my faux sympathy for huns on facebook has been very satisfying. 'No I agree, Whyte and Murray. Terrible so it is.'

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Celtic Football Club Discussion Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply