Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Kerrydale Street. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

If you decide to register, please be aware that we don't accept email addresses from free web accounts like gmail, Hotmail, live.co.uk etc. Sorry, but almost all of the abuse and spam that we get is from free web accounts. The software on the forum will automatically block any requests using a free email account.

Upon Registration, you will be given access to all our varied Forums, and you will be expected to comply with our fairly stringent Rules and Regulations. Meantime, enjoy your visit

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marcus Fraser; Youth gets a chance
Topic Started: 3 Nov 2011, 11:19 PM (14,085 Views)
mr boots
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I must admit to not knowing a thing about the lad but I thought he done well tonight. He look quite composed for a young chap (how old is he?) flung on at half time and tasked with not only babysitting Dan for 45mins but with defending a lead. He had the odd moment but over all he passed.

I am assuming we will see him again against Motherwell. Too big an ask? Anyone saw much of him?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mark G
Member Avatar
you know it
[ *  *  * ]
17, I thought he was excellent considering his age and the fact that was his senior debut.

Moey 67
Member Avatar
First-team captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The young lad did well tonight - I can't remember him doing anything wrong.

:thumbsup:

waco
Member Avatar
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
never seen his name as he came (wondered who it was )on liked the look of him though done some good defending

StMiley
Member Avatar
holy smoke
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well done Fraser.

jocky
Member Avatar
Occasional Substitute
[ *  *  *  * ]
WELL DONE YOUNG fRASER LAD.
HAIL HAIL

DrWho
Member Avatar
blast off...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Played well. Must have been daunting to play alongside that bomb scare on your debut.

popeyed
Member Avatar
Flute in one hand, phone in the other.
Did well. Seemed to unclench Dan's sphincter as well.

bubba
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
for a lad who turned 17 in June, and I believe is a right back by trade, he looked very composed. he played well, though in fairness our defence had a lot less to do in the second half

well done to him and i'm sure him and his family are very proud tonight

Maresca
Member Avatar
Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well done wee man. You should be proud of your debut.

Hope to see much more of you in the first team soon.

donkeyradish
Member Avatar
Getting on a bit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Played very well, but our options at CB are laughable for a club our size

Dieter Knepper
Youth team player
[ * ]
aidensboots
3 Nov 2011, 11:19 PM
I must admit to not knowing a thing about the lad but I thought he done well tonight. He look quite composed for a young chap (how old is he?) flung on at half time and tasked with not only babysitting Dan for 45mins but with defending a lead. He had the odd moment but over all he passed.

I am assuming we will see him again against Motherwell. Too big an ask? Anyone saw much of him?
Thats a wee bit harsh on Dan. Rogne will be back and this wsill stand him in good stead. Hopefully see him more next season.

enji_benji
Member Avatar
Getting on a bit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i was less jittery with him in the back than Loovens. And the only thing I knew about him when he came on was that he is 17.

he'll be over the moon.

Neil Jung
Member Avatar
Off treasure hunting in Holland
Only had a few things to do but he did them. He wadn't helped by Dan initially but I have to say the baldy Carrot stepped up after about 5 or 10 minutes and helped him.

The Blessed Martin
Member Avatar
Retired and now a Setanta pundit
Well done lad :thumbsup:

hoopspanda
Member Avatar
Occasional Substitute
[ *  *  *  * ]
Said this in the match thread.

He was the year below me in school and I played with and against him quite a few times and he always stood out. Know his family as well and the way they'd been talking it seemed as though he'd be breaking into the team soon, Celtic recently gave him an improved contract. Originally a right back but he seems pretty capable in the centre as well.

Real nice guy and definitely won't bring any trouble upon himself, fingers crossed he makes it :thumbsup:

Chalmers
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Although I thought that the defence was generally shaky, I felt less nervous in the second half than I did in the first (before the third goal went in, I mean, which was like a sedative!).

Well done Marcus. A few timely tackles and good anticipation.

Kolin
Member Avatar
we went down to the court house and the judge he put it all to rest...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
hoopspanda
3 Nov 2011, 11:32 PM
Said this in the match thread.

He was the year below me in school and I played with and against him quite a few times and he always stood out. Know his family as well and the way they'd been talking it seemed as though he'd be breaking into the team soon, Celtic recently gave him an improved contract. Originally a right back but he seems pretty capable in the centre as well.

Real nice guy and definitely won't bring any trouble upon himself, fingers crossed he makes it :thumbsup:

felt he was lost a couple of times in the early part, but that is to be expected.
he needed to catch up with the pace of the game and it must be a higher level than anything he has ever played before.

Felt for some really weird reason he "gelled" the defence.
saw Forster encouraging him, Cha encouraging him and also dan.

Still some really scary moments in defence and we could have lost a couple of goals second half.

Hope he sees the standard and continues to raise his game and improve.

Can't complain about a young lad coming in at 2-1 up and seeing the game out.

:thumbsup:

JonnyB67
Member Avatar
Retired and now a Setanta pundit
I thought he did very well.

Jesse James
Member Avatar
First-team captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Steady debut that will do his confidence a lot of good

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Celtic Football Club Discussion Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply