Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Kerrydale Street. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

If you decide to register, please be aware that we don't accept email addresses from free web accounts like gmail, Hotmail, live.co.uk etc. Sorry, but almost all of the abuse and spam that we get is from free web accounts. The software on the forum will automatically block any requests using a free email account.

Upon Registration, you will be given access to all our varied Forums, and you will be expected to comply with our fairly stringent Rules and Regulations. Meantime, enjoy your visit

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lalala-lala-la "Fingers In Ears-Not Listening"; The Anti-Boredom thread. All Photoshops in here...
Topic Started: 29 Jan 2008, 10:14 AM (958,269 Views)
Arsene Parcelie
Member Avatar
ǝʞɐxnɟɹnɟ ɥo
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

This is not getting at anyone who enjoys getting stuck in to these threads, you fill your boots. This is a statement about how I feel about the main board at the moment, and how it's overall vibe is beginning to get to me.

Right folks, there are enough negative threads going on at the moment, and I, for one am pure dead bored with them.

Until something positive happens, there is absolutely NO POINT in dredging up the same old, same old, same old flaws in Strachan's tactics, player's skill, et-bloody-cetera and flogging them to a millimetre of their lives and paralysing by analysis to the nth degree.
And then adding another tuppence worth more.
And then a bucketful.

All the negativity is counter productive and builds up a momentum which apparently has a knock on effect on a lot of people. The amount of threads which are full of polarised opinions constantly sniping and counter-sniping at each other is not what I like(d?) about KDS.

I can't believe I'm the only one who is fed up posting a repeat of their opinion in the repeat of every thread about any given situation or player which is repeating itself.
(Or possibly I am?)

So I've stopped restating my opinion on most subjects, and worse, stopped reading the threads because I can guess roughly what's going on and which poster will be posting which opinion about what detail in the current crisis.

It also is having a knock on effect on the other boards. Even they seem less light hearted as usual, and I'd hazard a guess that the overall post count is down in them.
So I reckon that a lot of people must be feeling slightly fed up with it all.

I propose that this thread becomes a haven for football related japes, jokery and other light hearted nonsense, so that we can remind ourselves that actually, in fact, nae kidding, you can actually enjoy yourself whilst watching or talking about the game.
BTW - This is not meant to be an appeal for happy, everything is rosy, BELIEVE type threads, just a bit of light relief to remind ourselves that it is only a game which we should enjoy including the "old bad times" which we laugh about now ("haha").

Down with depression.
I'm away to take a pill now.

Naturally, if nobody replies, I shall take it that my gut feeling is actually correct, and that everyone has caught the negativity bug, and I shall keep on keeping away just in case I catch it. FFS - there's not even been enough material for a good picture.

Anybody fancy a puzzle? I've got one ready.

Did anyone get a swatch at Strachan's Tactics board on Sunday?
Posted Image

Feel free to add funny pictures, tales of hilarity, funny travelogues, daft moments during games - anything to avoid another "Killen - How good was he?" thread.

Edited by Arsene Parcelie, 5 Sep 2011, 09:30 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

donkeyradish
Member Avatar
Getting on a bit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Excellent pic Arsene, I just wish I knew how to do those. :thumbsup:

In the interest of staying off topic, here is a rare treat for depressed readers. (You'll all have tae take your fingers out your ears, temporarily)

Fields of Athenry - in Russian

Deleted User
Deleted User

donkeyradish
Jan 29 2008, 09:33 AM
Excellent pic Arsene, I just wish I knew how to do those. :thumbsup:

In the interest of staying off topic, here is a rare treat for depressed readers. (You'll all have tae take your fingers out your ears, temporarily)

Fields of Athenry - in Russian

It's the Garvaghy Road version.
Quote Post Goto Top

tinsoldier
Member Avatar
Older than dirt
Arsene - :thumbsup:

Lest we forget.......this ALWAYS makes me smile.

SECRET FEAR THAT DRIVES ME TO WIN; 10 IN A ROW Rangers chairman David Murray opens up on the highs and lows of his decade in charge of Rangers.

James Traynor.
Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland) (Nov 19, 1998)

RANGERS owner David Murray doesn't often allow his true feelings to surface, but currently he is finding it difficult to disguise a pain which has been gnawing away inside since the end of last season. After a period of almost total dominance of Scottish football during which Rangers racked up 17 trophies the club met with failure.

Celtic won the championship and the League Cup and Hearts beat Rangers in the Tennents Scottish Cup final, leaving Murray with nothing to show for a massive investment in time and money. Even now he winces when he thinks of that season, but it is the vivid memory, and the pain of defeat with which he now suffers, that combine to drive him on.

Last night as he looked back on a decade as Rangers' owner - come this Sunday, the 22nd, it will be 10 years since he paid Lawrence Marlborough 6million for the club - Murray's desire to avoid the miseries of another barren season could not be disputed. To hear him speak was to listen to a man who believes himself to be charged with some kind of great and mighty mission.

Murray, who chose to talk only to the Record about his dreams and ambitions for Rangers, said: "No one should doubt that Rangers are the biggest club in the country, but I know that talk is cheap in this business and that we will have to prove just how big we are. That doesn't really bother me because as long as I am able to influence this club we will be the biggest and we will be the best. I have spent 10 years of my life, and I know that sometimes I gave up too much of myself to Rangers, but I am not about to give up now. "

"Neither am I willing to stand aside and allow another club to overtake Rangers. The failure of last season hurt me a lot and that pain was something I didn't need nor want. It is also a pain which I never want to suffer again, but by God that sort of thing just makes me even more determined to succeed. I am still as driven, still as enthusiastic and I will welcome the challenge of anyone out there."

Murray was referring not only to the Kenny Dalglish/Jim Kerr consortium who are stalking Celtic, but also the as yet uncovered groups who are bound to make bids to buy out Fergus McCann.

If the past 10 years have taught Murray, who is one of Britain's wealthiest individuals, anything it is how to win and he believes Rangers will continue to grow and prosper.

"I look upon these last 10 years as a having been a great era, but it is over and Rangers are about to head on into a new era," he said over a glass of the finest red.

He was about to take in another mouthful of the most succulent lamb - anyone who knows Murray shouldn't be surprised to learn he is a full-blooded, unashamed red meat eater - when he put down his knife and fork.

It was like a statement of intent and looking directly across the table to make sure I hadn't yet succumbed to the wine, he said: "Bring on the next 10 years, there's more to come for Rangers. Understand that I care passionately about what I'm doing with Rangers and believe that in 10 years time we will still be setting the pace. Too many of us have put too much into this club and we won't let someone come along and take it all away. What I'm saying here is that no matter who buys Celtic from Fergus, they will need to have the deepest of pockets imaginable.

"The fresh challenge would be good for the Scottish game and lift the profile, but Celtic's new owners had better be prepared to spend. In the past, Celtic's people maybe just haven't fancied trying to take Rangers on financially, but if I have to go in deeper to keep my club up there then I will. I have done it too many times to be frightened now."

From anyone else such talk could be dismissed as no more than empty rhetoric, but with Murray you just feel it is more than bluster and besides, he does have a track record as a spender. There have been times in his 10 years when he has taken Rangers somewhere between 15m and 20m into debt and he knows that if this season goes belly up like the last one he could be looking at a potential debt of 20m. However, having taken the value of Rangers from pounds 6m to approximately 186m in 10 years he knows how far he can gamble in pursuit of success.

This season alone he has allowed his new manager Dick Advocaat to spend almost 30m, but he refuses to lose any sleep over it. He said: "I don't because I consider spending as much as pounds 5million on someone like Andrei Kanchelskis as a necessity. If a club like ours doesn't do that then we fall by the wayside.

"Look, I have many other businesses so I could find many other things to worry about, but I love sport and I want Rangers to be successful. I know this won't be accepted by some people but this isn't about making money.

"56m has been invested in the stadium and in my time 200m has been turned over and after interest our trading profit is minimal. Perhaps as much as 60m has been spent on players and I have even paid in about pounds 1m in hospitality but never taken a salary from the place. I get six complimentary tickets the same as everyone else and if I want extra I have to pay for them the same as everyone else. There are no free lunches for David Murray at Ibrox and I have never taken part or been at the centre of any of the numerous victory celebrations we have had."

Murray disappears to celebrate success with a small group of close friends, leaving the roar of the crowd to wash over the players and management.

"Supporters don't want chairmen hanging around, even though they look to people like me to provide some kind of direction and the new ways to keep moving the club on," he said. I hope I can say that in my 10 years so far I've been fairly good at that, but the day I run out of ideas is the day I'll know it's over. I'm sure someone will tell me because I have good people around me, I always have. But I'm not ready yet to step back and I see enough fresh challenges, staying ahead at home and winning a place at the European table, ahead in the next 10 years to keep my own adrenaline flowing."

He knows roughly how much it will cost him and he's heard the rumours that ENIC, who have invested pounds 40m in Rangers, are uneasy at the club's spending policies but Murray claims these backers have always been supportive of his methods. He said: "They could kick up a fuss but they don't. Besides, I am the owner of the club and so far most people seem to like what I've done."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

grouchoib
Member Avatar
Getting on a bit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm with Arsene on this one.Put me down as a member of the Parcelies :thumbsup:

amychiai
Member Avatar
Auldbhoy KDS Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank Christ it wasn't just me who was getting fed up with all the dross :)

Anyway I cant post fancy pictures or links cos I am too think to know how but I have some good news....

The Badges and Cuff links will finally be on sale this week if my web designer can sort out a wee bit of time in between traveling and his new job.

See avatar for this year badge and cuff link are on the design of last years, very discreet and a perfect GIRUY to any monkeys in yer workplace or at social events :thumbsup: News to follow soon..

Owenybhoy
Member Avatar
A Devil In God's Country
Fed up with football, not just the dross.
Everywhere is the same.
Over-hype, over-analysis, over critical, over subscribed, over-the-score and over-my-head.
Can't be bothered with it anymore.

Celtic will live on, but all this crap has to end sometime.
I pray sooner rather than later.

cartuja
Member Avatar
Working behind enemy lines
Arsene Parcelie
Jan 29 2008, 09:14 AM
Did anyone get a swatch at Strachan's Tactics board on Sunday?
Posted Image

Posted Image

lenobhoy
Member Avatar
Catch some light and it'll be alright
grouchoib
Jan 29 2008, 09:46 AM
I'm with Arsene on this one.Put me down as a member of the Parcelies :thumbsup:

I like that, it sounds good, The Parcelies.

huddler
Member Avatar
An Argument on Behalf of
Reading Diego Maradona's autobiography at the minute and when he was at his first club, Argentinos - the three European Clubs who made an approach to sign him were Napoli, Barcelona and.....Sheffield United.

I know the lad was a joy with a football at his feet, but he doesn't half come across as a bit of an arse at times. He's told just about every manager he ever had to shove his training regimes up his jacksie, he was Maradona and he didn't care if the other players had to do what they were told - he was too good (i guess if anyone had a point in this regard though, he did!).

In conclusion over his time at Barca he finishes off with "......I was more a Madrid man anyway". What a parting shot!

One story that seemed to sum him up was when he was at Barca - he would always request cars that were not available to the public yet. He heard about a new Mercedes and demanded one. A team of German Mercedes bigwigs accompanied the split new model, not for release in Spain down to Maradona mansion in Barcelona. He walks down to meet them all smiles, jumps in, realises that its an automatic - and promptly gets out, tosses the guy the keys back and tells them, he doesn't want it and they should take it away.

Gallus wee scrote.

Beautiful player though.

pablo5
Member Avatar
Whatever it is, there's not enough of it
tinsoldier
Jan 29 2008, 09:39 AM
Arsene - :thumbsup:

Lest we forget.......this ALWAYS makes me smile.

SECRET FEAR THAT DRIVES ME TO WIN; 10 IN A ROW Rangers chairman David Murray opens up on the highs and lows of his decade in charge of Rangers.

James Traynor.
Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland) (Nov 19, 1998)

"I look upon these last 10 years as a having been a great era, but it is over and Rangers are about to head on into a new era," he said over a glass of the finest red.

He was about to take in another mouthful of the most succulent lamb - anyone who knows Murray shouldn't be surprised to learn he is a full-blooded, unashamed red meat eater - when he put down his knife and fork.

I'll see your Succulent Lamb and raise you Spikey Golf Shoes.
This one always cheers me up.

Quote:

By The Govanhill Gub
Date: 21/7/2000

Whilst Liverpools achievements, over a quarter of a century and more between 1963-1990, are part of footballs folklore. It should be remembered that in 66-72, when Shanks couldnt see by the group of players, who originally catapulted Liverpool into the spotlight. The mighty reds won hee-haw.

Somehow I dont see that state of affairs being tolerated at Ibrox whilst `the little general` is in charge. And that is the way it should be. There is no room for sentiment in football. And that is not a modern view of things, by any means.

For those of you who want to bask in the glory that was last season, buy the video, crack open a bottle before the new season starts, watch it all again and then forget it.

The season ahead is shaping up to be one of the most important in our history. Super colossal just about sums it up. And on two fronts at that.

First off, Europe. There is absolutely no doubt that this is the place where we belong. In with the big boys. And progress is being made. Advancement in this area year on year will probably be a determining factor in whether DA feels it is worthwhile staying longer than his present contract.

But do we forsake the League title for the pursuit of European glory? After all, the Chairman in his wisdom said at the start of last season, that he would gladly sacrifice the title in exchange for European success and was roundly condemned by the fans.

Since then Van Br has said much the same and even DA has been quoted as being in the same frame of mind as the Chairman. I would urge them all to think again.

Quite simply European football at this moment in time is hooked, rotten to the core. At present it is well nigh impossible for us to win the big one. (Not that weve ever really been that close before)

Man Utd winning it in 99 was bad enough, but if anything, Real Madrid lambadaing off with the prize this year was even worse. How can you play a team 4 times in a cup competition lose to them 3 times, yet still go through to the actual final at that teams expense? Corrupt doesnt even begin to sum it up.

And Real Madrid should be a warning to anyone who wants to sacrifice the league, just to have a right good go at the CL.

Imagine miracles of miracles, getting to the semi finals, but at the expense of domestic success? (Too many points have been dropped in the league) Imagine being handily placed from the first leg and then have the second leg at home? This is it. After all the years of pain. This is going to be our year.

And then being put to the sword by one breathtakingly, outrageous, sublime piece of skill, ala Redondo at Old Trafford earlier this year? So our season would be finito, that mob brought back from the brink, because WE didnt give our own league enough respect. I for one, hope that never happens.

I am as desperate for European success as any fan, but for now, making the second knock out phase in the CL is as much as we can hope for. And that is why the news that we are to be seeded at the third qualifying round( which is what is perceived at time of writing) is the best possible news we could have. And it is well deserved too.
I firmly believe that the biggest pressure on us European wise is making the CL sections proper. Getting through to the first phase and then winning our first CL match has to be our immediate aim. And that will do nicely for starters.

But enough of Europe for now. Ever since the league was sown up last season, (Mar 8th) my thoughts have been channelled towards this term. I could well be wrong, but I do believe we are nearing the old firm equivalent of endgame/checkmate/ game, set and match, thank you very much.

It is hard, to see the appointment of ONeill, as anything other than the last throw of the dice for that lot.

For how many years now, have we been subjected to absolute pish that Big Caesar, Brady, (if he has even a fraction of the talent as a manager as he had as a footballer?) the `cappoci man`, ehpopepiousofcelticfootballclub, Dr Dracul (I just loved that accent), and the calypso kid were going to leave Huns trailing in their wake?

Youll notice that I never mentioned `Wim the tim`. Well funnily enough, the curly headed Dutchman, has even got the experts on the septic list, split 60-40, straight down the middle. There are some who believe he won the league purely by himself.

For those who are interested by such things, Jansens stats (head to head) Vs Walter are as follows. Played 5 Won 1 Drawn 1 (thanks to Rowbotham) and Lost 3.

We have to assume that the yahoos will be an altogether more serious threat this time around. Quite frankly (Mr Shankly) they cant get any worse!

As for ONeill? He may or may not be the answer to the depraved ones prayers. But I find it truly astonishing (and delightful) that he spent the first few weeks as manager, commentating at Euro 2000 instead of turning in a 15 hr a day shift at Torbett Towers.

Quite simply, if the roles had been reversed and we had finished miles behind last season. Had saw our rivals strengthen an already far superior squad still further. Had put in a new manager in place, only for him to swan off to an International tourney, then I would be in a white jacket with 5ft sleeves by now.

Our greatest advantage undoubtedly, is the fact that the yahoos are so filled with a hatred of all things Huns FC, that they cannot admit (even among themselves) that we are possibly a halfway decent side. And I f****** love it!

So when we start to pull away from them in the league, the yahoo brain, (or what passes for grey matter) goes into overdrive. The frustration and the poison take hold, and hey presto another manager, the latest green dope, is put under the most terrific pressure.

That lot can sing to the cows come home that they will give ONeill all the time in the world to catch us up. Whos kidding who? Huns winning the league again and maybe this time around, qualifying for the second CL sections will have that lot demanding blood once more.

To sum up my aims for this season? Well, my wee buddy from Cumbernauld says that if we could keep our feet on the yahoos throats for another couple of seasons then `mass` suicides will be the order of the day at Torbett Towers.

As for me? I just hope we are wearing spiky new golf shoes while we are doing it! This is shaping up to be a mega season. Enjoy.
TGG

FrJeb
Member Avatar
Club Captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Since AP was looking for more pictures thought I would add this. Took the picture outside a newsagents in Dumbarton Road, Glasgow about 3 1/2 years ago now. Still makes me smile. It was even printed in the Herald's diary despite me not sending it in :suspect:

Posted Image

markiebhoy7
Member Avatar
No' a snider
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
How about a few Keevinsisms? (Found on altnation)

Artur Jorge will shortly be unveiled as the new Celtic manager. He is currently inside Celtic Park holding talks.
Cue . The unveiling of Wim Jansen.

Mark Viduka will shortly sign for Bayern Munich. I have seen the contract.
Cue . Viduka signing on the dotted line at Leeds United.

I expect Rangers to win the league comfortably, and by quite a considerable margin.
Cue . Green & white ribbons adorning the trophy, as Rangers finish third in a two-horse race.

Old Trafford on Champions League night is no place for Nakamura, and his blend of tippy-tappy football.
Cue . Absolute bedlam, as Naka flights one of sublime beauty over a 100m wall, and into the back of the Man U net.

If Manchester United play their best eleven, and Celtic play their best eleven - Manchester United will beat Celtic.
Cue .......... The full-time scoreboard reading : Celtic 1, Manchester United 0.

Come 5:00pm, and Celtic's lead being cut to just 11 points - is it now the time for panic at Celtic Park ?
Cue . Rangers drawing 1-1 with ICT and the day ending as it started - with Celtic enjoying a comfortable 13 point lead.

And my absolute favourite:
Josef Venglos will live to regret his decision to play this unknown Slovakian ahead of Mark Burchill in such a vital Old Firm Game.
Cue . Lubomir Moravcik scoring twice as Rangers are molligated 5-1.

Cheers Hugh, keep 'em coming :)

DrWho
Member Avatar
blast off...
Like you Arsene Im totally fed up of this place and was going to take a break from it just to stop hearing moans all day long. Need some more light heartedness and moonbeam madness.

Posted Image

Lubo25
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
at last - a little light in the darkness!

signmeupfortheparcelies csc no1

wee_chorley
Member Avatar
Come On !
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
:naught:

Big_Bobo_Balde
Member Avatar
Lizzie's Lothario

Posted Image

Arsene Parcelie
Member Avatar
ǝʞɐxnɟɹnɟ ɥo
Excellent replies so far. :thumbsup:

Let's keep it going.

WalfridsDream
Member Avatar
First name on the team-sheet
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank you Arsene :thumbsup:

The unfortunate thing in life is, we all know the moaners, doom and gloom merchants eventually wear everyone down.

The best way to deal with it is to avoid being in their company, but that unfortunately would mean stayong off here and not going to Celtic Park.

ThreeInARow CSC :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

StefMcDef
Member Avatar
Three and counting
Huddleboard poetry thread - inspired by THIS pic from the height (or should that be depths) of the Le Guen experiment :

Posted Image

Just about the funniest thread ever on the Huddleboard, which is saying something.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Celtic Football Club Discussion Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply