Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Kerrydale Street. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.

If you decide to register, please be aware that we don't accept email addresses from free web accounts like gmail, Hotmail, live.co.uk etc. Sorry, but almost all of the abuse and spam that we get is from free web accounts. The software on the forum will automatically block any requests using a free email account.

Upon Registration, you will be given access to all our varied Forums, and you will be expected to comply with our fairly stringent Rules and Regulations. Meantime, enjoy your visit

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
G62: Semi Final, England v Croatia; FT: 1-2 (AET) ; Trippier - Perisić, Mandzuuuuuuuuukić
Topic Started: 1 Jun 2018, 07:55 AM (63,080 Views)
Ghost of Fitzpas
Member Avatar
Administrator in name only. Don't read PMs. Please PM a proper mod with any problems. Ta

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

spartacusthethird
Member Avatar
Dance as if no-ones watching, sing as if no-ones listening and live every day as if it was your last
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lets Go!!!

Novelty_Bauble
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Right. This has to stop now. Get them pumped Croatia.

Tam Haas
Getting on a bit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If it is indeed ďcoming homeĒ, moving to Mars is the only option.

LeedsTim
Member Avatar
Italy, Spain, Argentina, basically anyone but England.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's becoming unbearable.

LeedsTim
Member Avatar
Italy, Spain, Argentina, basically anyone but England.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's becoming unbearable.

Doubly so.
Edited by LeedsTim, 8 Jul 2018, 05:20 PM.

Kingslim
69 and counting
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Going to be in England for this.

Need to remember not to cheer if Croatia score or Iíll get lynched :lol:

IainG
Member Avatar
Ah but I was so much older then,I'm younger than that now
I think England will beat Croatia no bother and then will be beaten by France in the final.

HenryClarson
Member Avatar
Bolstering the duty of good faith
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just win, Croatia.
I don't care if it's 12-0 or only 7-1, just put England out of contention and let us all enjoy the finale of what has otherwise been a very good tournament.

O'Maolchathail
Member Avatar
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Mon Croatia :twitch:

SaMule
Member Avatar
NSFW
Kingslim
8 Jul 2018, 09:20 PM
Going to be in England for this.

Need to remember not to cheer if Croatia score or Iíll get lynched :lol:
eff them.

When Argentina beat them on penalties in 1998 I stood up in front of the TV and told a pub full of them that we should all just move on and enjoy the rest of our day. Admittedly that wasn't universally well received, but I came out unscathed (and happier than anyone else in the pub obviously)

Luca
Member Avatar
Off treasure hunting in Holland
England look very solid and are managing to give other teams problems through set pieces - a wee bit like Portugal two years ago and Greece in 2004, albeit they play slightly better football.

Croatia haven't played well since the knockout stages began, they've looked laboured and disjointed. However, Bilic is of the opinion that the Croatian team plays best when they aren't the out and out favourites, which will be the case in this game.

As it currently stands I think England will get into the final (against Belgium), however, i'm hoping the Croats find their form as they have the far better individuals at their disposal.

Buck Rodgers
Member Avatar
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The closer it gets, the more confident I am in Croatia. Modric and Rakitic to run riot (hopefully).

paddysloan
Much posting, such opinion, very controversial. wow.
England are winning this, Croatia are knackered.

bubba
Member Avatar
Getting on a bit
Luca
9 Jul 2018, 09:28 AM
England look very solid and are managing to give other teams problems through set pieces - a wee bit like Portugal two years ago and Greece in 2004, albeit they play slightly better football.

Croatia haven't played well since the knockout stages began, they've looked laboured and disjointed. However, Bilic is of the opinion that the Croatian team plays best when they aren't the out and out favourites, which will be the case in this game.

As it currently stands I think England will get into the final (against Belgium), however, i'm hoping the Croats find their form as they have the far better individuals at their disposal.

This

Croatia looked terrified in the 2 shootouts, they look seriously under pressure for some reason and if it goes that far don't let modric near one :twitch:

The other 3 teams are playing better than them

England will win this one :(

cfc88
Member Avatar
Off treasure hunting in Holland
bubba
9 Jul 2018, 01:11 PM
Luca

This

Croatia looked terrified in the 2 shootouts, they look seriously under pressure for some reason and if it goes that far don't let modric near one :twitch:

Modric who has scored both of his in the shootouts? Got lucky the other night but he'll have the most quality on the pitch on Wednesday by a distance, he's still the man you want in that situation.

Not having the terrified line either. They've gone through in them both. You don't do that in penalty shootouts if you're not mentally up to it as a team.

They are in the poorest form, but they've also faced 2 sides who are seriously tough to beat and were a real struggle for them to play against. England are a better side than Russia and Denmark but they're also a better side for Croatia to face as they won't have all of the ball and there will be space for them to exploit. Defending set-pieces will be their biggest challenge, as it will be for any side England face.

bubba
Member Avatar
Getting on a bit
cfc88
9 Jul 2018, 01:41 PM
bubba
9 Jul 2018, 01:11 PM
Luca

This

Modric who has scored both of his in the shootouts? Got lucky the other night but he'll have the most quality on the pitch on Wednesday by a distance, he's still the man you want in that situation.
He missed one in normal time and that one the other night was a shanner

He's hit 1 good one in 3

He knows he's responsible for their last penalty exit and he's pooping his pants about it

drks
Member Avatar
i can't decide!
There is just something about Croatia, they don't look like they believe in their right to be there. They play as if they think they're Scotland rather than a squad of gifted players.

macfleeto
First-team starter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Going to penalties I reckon.

seaneh
Member Avatar
Considering retirement
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Iím down in Birmingham and our pub is doing a football quiz after the game. Should be easy money when they lose and all skill off crying.
Also Cuneyt Cakir is ref, i recognise the name so can only presume heís effed us over in Europe before?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · World Cup 2018 · Next Topic »
Add Reply